http://www.fortneyscott.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/logo-1.png 0 0 admin http://www.fortneyscott.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/logo-1.png admin2021-03-02 20:54:432021-03-02 20:54:43FortneyScott Employer Briefing: “The Biden Administration and the Workplace: Major Changes Continue”
|Event Start Date:|
March 8, 2021
|Event End Date:|
March 8, 2021
Join FortneyScott’s complimentary Employer Briefing on Monday, March 8th from noon to 1:00 pm ET.
Employers’ interests and workplace obligations are being affected by the political and policy developments in Washington, DC. As President Biden pushes to get his American Relief Act enacted by mid-March, the House is passing a number of progressive bills facing a tough fight in the Senate. Meanwhile, Biden’s Cabinet is slowly being confirmed, as opposition mounts to prominent progressive nominees. With the Labor Secretary nominee Marty Walsh pending confirmation by the Senate, the Department of Labor already is staking out areas where new regulations and guidance will be forthcoming.
To help employers understand these changes, FortneyScott’s attorneys will discuss:
- The Administration’s COVID response and vaccine distribution plan;
- What the COVID relief bill might include – and leave out;
- How divisive legislative initiatives, such as the “Fight for $15,” the Equality Act, the Pro Act, paid leave, and voting rights, are impacting the Biden administration’s agenda;
- DOL’s views on joint employer and independent contractor, and changes for Federal contractors; and
- The latest developments at the federal agencies, including new Cabinet confirmations and staff appointees.