FortneyScott’s government contracts attorneys effectively counsel and represent clients on a wide range of government contracting and procurement matters. Our attorneys have extensive knowledge of the complex statutory and regulatory environment in which government contracts operate, including compliance with new and emerging requirements, and the procurement process. Our services range from counseling and advising on specific contract matters to developing and maintaining effective government contracting programs that are implemented as part of a comprehensive corporate compliance program.
Our Government Contracting and Procurement practice includes advising and representing clients on diverse government contracting and procurement matters, including, for example:
- All phases of federal procurement, including contract bidding, award, administration and close-out on the full range of government contracts, agreements, and grants;
- Complying with government contracting obligations, including Buy American; commercial item contracting; combatting human trafficking; corporate compliance; cost and pricing; Defense Production Act; financing and assignment of claims; fiscal law; False Claims Act; FOIA; indemnification; novation; past performance; procurement ethics and standards of conduct; research and development; security; small business; supply chain risks, including counterfeit part and cybersecurity; and data and computer software rights;
- Contracting, subcontracting teaming and other strategic alliance matters, including Research and Development Agreements, Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) and Technology Transfer (STTR) and grants;
- Pre and post-award bid protests, small business size appeals, audits, investigations, contract changes, claims, disputes and appeals; and
- Resolving claims and disputes through alternative dispute resolution procedures or litigation before federal courts including the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, administrative tribunals, and boards of contract appeal.
FortneyScott represents and counsel large and small domestic and international businesses, including nonprofits, in a variety of business sectors. Our attorneys hold leadership positions in the Section of Public Contract Law in the American Bar Association, and regularly present updates on the most recent developments for government contract and procurement matters. Clients rely on FortneyScott’s widely-recognized government contracting and procurement expertise and experience for effective results.