The rapidly evolving area of pay equity poses unique and complex challenges for employers. FortneyScott has significant experience and expertise across the full spectrum of pay equity issues that employers face. We provide sophisticated advice and counsel and representation on pay equity matters to employers in all industries and across the country.
Our practice group, led by nationally-recognized pay equity legal expert, Mickey Silberman, is comprised of attorneys who partner with a team of statisticians and labor economists on a broad range of pay equity matters, including:
- Defending employers in EEOC, OFCCP and other agency enforcement proceedings and in litigation brought under Title VII, the Federal Equal Pay Act, EO 11246, and state and local fair pay laws;
- Conducting privileged, proactive pay analyses to identify pay gaps and assess compliance with federal, state and local equal pay laws;
- Providing practical advice and strategies regarding how best to make pay adjustments to address unexplained pay disparities while minimizing the chances of claims by other employees;
- Counseling regarding the design and administration of, and changes to, pay systems to enhance legal compliance and minimize liability;
- Advising on the rapidly growing “patchwork” of federal, state and local equal pay laws that pose unique compliance challenges for international and multi-state employers;
- For publicly-traded companies, providing advice and counsel to respond to activist shareholder demands for “pay parity” and pay transparency and reporting with shareholders, employees and the public; and
- Providing education and training for the C-suite, the compensation team, talent acquisition professionals and management regarding pay equity developments and best practices.
Our practice group attorneys are recognized as thought leaders in the area of pay equity who provide clients with comprehensive guidance and expertise that is at the forefront of this evolving area of workplace law.